Saturday, September 3, 2011

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins


Released: September 1, 2009
Published: Scholastic Press
Pages: 391


Please do not read this review, if you have not read the first book, called The Hunger Games, for that it might contain spoilers for that book, but will NOT contain spoilers for Catching Fire.


Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster boys for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol. Catching Fire maintains the adrenaline rush of Suzanne Collins's series launch.
Information from Goodreads



WOW WOW WOW WOW. I didn't think any book could get better then The Hunger Games. I would have to say I loved The Hunger Games, just a little but more then this one, but that is just by a little. 


Katniss in this book is basically the same from in The Hunger Games. she is still very independent and stubborn, but a great protagonist. Peeta. I loved him even more in this book, I think he developed a lot in this book, He really proved his strength in this book, I fell like he wasn't as mellow, and shy in this book, and I really like this Peeta. Gale, still didnt have a lot of Gale, we did have more Gale then we did in the first book, he is still kind of a mystery to me, so I can't really say that I like him as a character yet. 


So If you have read the first book, I would definetley countinue on with this series, it is amazing, and action packed! So please read this trilogy. With that being said i would rate it:
5/5 stars


-Bre 

No comments:

Post a Comment