Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games

Released: September 14, 2008
Publisher: Scholastic
Pages: 374

Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with everyone out to make sure you don't live yo see the morning? 


In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The capitol is harsh ad cruel an keeps the Districts in line by forcing them to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the dearth on live TV. 


Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-- and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

There aren't any words to describe this book. Collins made an unforgettable book. I absolotley loved this book. I am going to be completley honest, I thought i wasn't going to like this book when I read the synopsis. Then I saw a couple reviews on it and a ton of people were telling me to read it. SO I gave it a chance. And it was one of the best books I have ever read literally.


The characters in the book were fantastic. Lets talk about Katniss. Man Katniss was a strong- willed, indepedent character in this book. She was so brave. I loved Katniss' character. Peeta. I also though he was an awesome character. He was kind, funny, and you just fall in love with him the first time he shows up in the book. Gale. We dont really see much of him in this book, but of what we do see, he is like the mysterious guy that cares for Katniss. Can you guys see a love triangle coming in the next books????


I also really like the whole concept of the book. Collins really showed us what Panem would be like, and District 12 , and I thought that was really neat. When I got this book, I flew through it that's how amazing it was!
5/5 stars


-Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment