Sunday, August 28, 2011

Delirium by Lauren Oliver


Delirium by Lauren Oliver


Released: February 1st 2011
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pages: 441


Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love


I thought Delirium was good. But just good. The plot was very interesting, the whole idea of a world that doesn't have any love is really neat. To think that out world today couldn't love anything, not even family is eye-opening.

The characters in this book I though were good. Lena , are main character was an average teenage girl. Something that bothered me about her was that she had low self esteem. I felt like her character would have been better if she didn't think that. Alex. I though he was a good character. I liked how he really cared for Lena. But i also felt like we didn't get to really know who Alex was.

The end was truly heartbreaking, and a total shocker. I literally did not see that coming. If it weren't for the ending, and how the ending went, I probably would have rated the book lower, but the ending brought the rating up. that's how great it was. I can not wait until the sequel comes out, I want to know what happens next. With that being said I would give it a 3.5/5 stars .
I would reccomend this book.

-Bre


No comments:

Post a Comment