Sunday, November 13, 2011

13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher


Released: October 18, 2007
Published: RazorBill
Pages: 288


Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier.
On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.
Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.
So I know, I am just barely reading this book. I just have never really thought about reading it. Then I decided to read it and I was truly inspired. I loved this book. It was just so good. I really loved everything about this book. I typically don't go for the serious books, and I really liked it. 
The story line revolves around Clay getting Hannah's tapes. Clay also doesn't really know why  he is one of the reasons that Hannah did what she did. So we hear Hannah's tapes throughout the story. 
The book is truly inspiring. It really opens your eyes to see what other people might be going through, and you really don't know. So I absolutely loved this book. I was a real eye-opener. Awesome book I would reccomend this book to anyone.
5/5 stars
-Bre

No comments:

Post a Comment